Our data protection practices comply with all applicable data protection legislation, including the provisions of the European General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679, hereinafter the “GDPR”), and any other European or national legislation we may be subject to.
II. How Tipico collects, uses and retains your information
We retain your data in accordance with our pre-defined retention period policy. Should you wish to obtain more information on our retention periods, please contact our Data Protection Officer (“DPO”) on the details provided in Section VII below.
III. To whom Tipico may transfer your information
In the framework of the processing of your application, your information may be shared with other companies of the Tipico Group as set out above.
In addition to the above, Tipico may also share your personal information with other third-party service providers with whom Tipico has a contractual relationship and who provide part of the services requested by you on behalf of Tipico. In addition, we may also be required to share your personal data with authorities or other competent bodies as a result of a legal obligation to which we are subject.
Where we share your data with third parties, we shall take all reasonable precautions to ensure that these third parties respect the same privacy standards as Tipico.
We only transfer data to states outside the European Economic Area provided the recipient guarantees a standard of data protection comparable to that in place in Europe.
IV. Your rights
Tipico is committed to safeguarding your rights under the applicable data protection law. You have the right to:
- request a copy of your personal data;
- rectify your personal data;
- request erasure of your personal data;
- request the restriction of processing of your personal data;
- object to the processing of your personal data;
- withdraw your consent at any time;
- receive your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and/or have it transmitted to another data controller.
All requests, complaints or queries may be addressed to Tipico by email to our DPO. We will consider any requests, complaints or queries and provide you with a reply in a timely manner, and in any case within the time limits established by law. You can also file a complaint with the Data Protection Authority should you not be satisfied with the way in which we handle your personal information.
V. External content and cookies
You can modify your browser settings to notify you when a cookie is set, to accept them on a case-by-case basis, or to accept or reject the use of certain cookies. We recommend that you accept the cookies that we set on our websites, applications and newsletters to get the best out of their functions.
The following types of cookies may be used by us on the website:
- Essential cookies: These cookies are essential to make the website work correctly. These cookies don’t collect personal information.
- Functionality and Performance cookies: Performance cookies monitor behaviour on our websites and applications, which allows us to improve their performance. These cookies don’t collect personal information, but only data that are anonymised or aggregate. Functionality cookies enable previous choices of users to be remembered (e.g. username, language). They help improve the user’s experience and allow your experience to be personalised. The information these cookies collect may include personal information. If you do not accept these cookies, it may affect the functionality and may restrict access to content on the website.
First Party Cookies are cookies set on your device by Tipico directly to allow us to deliver our services to you. All of the first party cookies are essential cookies, and are generally used for the following purposes:
- To determine where the website traffic originated from (including any platform and/or websites);
- For the general functionality of our website, particularly to ensure that all our website features work correctly (including, amongst others, language preferences, consent preferences, etc);
- To measure our website’s performance;
- For general testing purposes (also to ensure performance and functionality of the website);
- Any other purposes as may be necessary and deemed essential from time-to-time.
Third Party Cookies are cookies set on your device by third party service providers to allow them to deliver their services to you. The setting of these cookies is regulated by the cookie policies of the respective third parties. Currently, we use the following plugins and active script contents from third-party providers on this website. Tipico reserves the right to use additional plugins and script contents at any time:
- Google-Analytics: This website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA (hereinafter referred to as Google). Google Analytics uses various techniques, including so-called ‘cookies’, which are text files placed on your computer to help the website analyse how users use the site. The information obtained by Google Analytics about your use of the website will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers which may be operated outside member states of the European Union as well outside states party to the Agreement on the European Economic Area. In case of activation of IP anonymisation within the Google Analytics tracking code for this website, Google will anonymise your IP address before transmission. This website uses a Google Analytics tracking code, to which the operator “gat._anonymizelp();” is added to enable anonymised collection of IP addresses (so-called IP masking). Google will use this information on behalf of the website operator for the purpose of evaluating your use of the website, compiling reports on website activity and for providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage to the website operator. Google Analytics will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. You may refuse the use of Google cookies by selecting the appropriate settings on your browser. However, please note that if you do so, you may not be able to use the full functionality of this website. You can prevent Google’s collection and use of data relating to your use of the website (incl. your IP address) by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/. Further information concerning the terms and conditions of use and data privacy can be found at http://www.google.com/analytics/learn/privacy.html.
VI. Data security
Technical and organisational measures in accordance with Article 32 of the GDPR are implemented to protect your personal information from unauthorized access by third parties, disclosure, alteration, destruction or loss during its collection, processing, and retention. This level of protection cannot, however, be extended to communication by email and we recommend that you send all confidential information by normal post.
VII. Contact for matters of data protection
For any privacy issues you may have or to obtain further information on our data processing activities, please contact our Group Data Protection Officer:
STJ 4011 MALTA
Version 1.0, Date of issue: 01.03.2021, © Tipico Group Ltd.